RMP Artistic Director Andrew Wailes has just announced the finalists for the 2023 RMP Aria Competition as chosen by the judges:
2023 RMP Aria Finalists:
- Tom Buckmaster, tenor, 26, Perth WA (b. Melbourne , VIC)
- Talia Garrett-Benson, mezzo-soprano, 25, Brisbane QLD (b. Brisbane, QLD)
- Jack Jordan, tenor, 24, Melbourne VIC (b. Melbourne, VIC)
- Chloe Lankshear soprano, 29, Sydney NSW (b. Canberra ACT)
- Hannah Kostros, mezzo soprano, 29, Melbourne VIC (b. Melbourne, VIC)
- Benjamin Glover, tenor, 29, Melbourne VIC (b. East Melbourne, VIC)
- Alla Yarosh, mezzo soprano, 22, Logan City QLD (b. Tal’ne, Ukraine)
- Alex Owens, baritone, 24, Melbourne VIC (b. Camperdown VIC)
Official Accompanist: Stefan Cassomenos
Joining RMP Artistic Director and Chief Conductor Mr Andrew Wailes as judges on this year’s panel are Ms Sally-Anne Russell (leading Australian oratorio soloist, operatic mezzo-soprano and singing mentor), Mr Andrew Bainbridge (RMP Principal Organist; Director of the National Boys Choir of Australia; former continuo and organ soloist with Melbourne and Tasmanian Symphony Orchestras; and organist of both St Mary’s and St David’s Cathedral’s Hobart) and our official accompanist, Mr Stefan Cassomenos (Internationally acclaimed pianist, RMP Principal Accompanist, Founder of Plexus Ensemble and Co- Director of Port Fairy Festival).
We encourage you to join us at the 17th RMP Aria Final on Saturday the 12th at Melbourne Recital Centre at 5pm. The evening will also feature a full-scale performance of Handel’s spectacular Dixit Dominus. Under the direction of conductor Andrew Wailes, it will be performed by the RMP Choir and Orchestra, as well as outstanding soloists Mia Robinson (s), Astrid Girdis (s), Michael Burden (a), Timothy Reynolds (t), Nicholas Dinopoulos (bb), Stefan Cassomenos (hpchd) and Andrew Bainbridge (chamb organ).
EXTRA AUDIENCE TICKETS can be booked through the RMP website www.rmp.org.au or from the MRC Box Office.
For further information please visit the RMP Website: www.rmp.org.au