For the eight time, the Royal Melbourne Philharmonic presents the RMP Aria – a unique singing competition, aimed at encouraging the development of oratorio and concert performance by our nation’s finest young singers. The finalists of the RMP Aria will perform recitatives and arias from the world of oratorio, accompanied by piano.
A distinguished panel of judges chaired by RMP Chief Conductor Andrew Wailes will award thousands of dollars worth of cash and prizes to the winners, as well as professional language coaching scholarships, professional photography packages and future performing engagements with the RMP.
• Joelene Griffith 27 lyric coloratura soprano (b. Sydney NSW, resides Sydney)
• Michael Lampard 28 baritone (b. Hobart TAS, resides Melbourne)
• Esiter Morgan 25, soprano (b. Nuku’alofa TONGA, resides Melbourne)
• Daniel Carison 21 bass baritone (b. Melbourne VIC, resides Melbourne)
• Maximilian Riebl 23 counter tenor (b. Melbourne VIC, resides Melbourne)
• Alissa Andraski 27 lyric coloratura soprano (b. Wausau WI USA, resides Melbourne)
• Jeremy Kleeman 23 bass baritone (b. Melbourne VIC , resides Melbourne)
• Elizabeth Lewis 26 Mezzo Soprano (b.South Brisbane QLD, resides Melbourne)
The evening will also feature a performance of the intense and enigmatic Mozart Requiem by over 150 voices of the RMP Oratorio Festival Choir, accompanied by the Royal Melbourne Philharmonic Orchestra and outstanding soloists who have all been previous finalists in the RMP Aria.
Tickets include a free Champagne Supper, and a chance to meet the contestants, performers and judges at the conclusion of the evening.
“Expect to hear some of the most beautiful concert arias ever composed, performed by some of Australia’s emerging music stars. A gala evening not to be missed, which just gets better every year…” ARTSHUB
SUNDAY 10 AUGUST 2014 7pm Deakin Edge, Federation Square
Bookings essential. Online bookings: http://www.trybooking.com/88122 or ticketmaster.com.au Further info and phone bookings: Ph:136 100
For a concert FLYER click HERE
BOOK EARLY TO AVOID Disappointment!
Proudly sponsored by Hans and Petra Henkell, Henkell Family Fund, Federation Square and The City of Melbourne